The tides are turning are shifting in Donald Trump’s favor.
Social Media executives at Facebook and Instagram are quickly reconsidering their permanent Trump ban after the Former President issued a class action lawsuit against them earlier this year.
Trump’s legal team is now demanding Facebook reinstate his accounts while the lawsuit is pending, and while Trump weighs another presidential run in 2024.
On Thursday, Trump’s legal team filed the lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida. The lawsuit petitions for the judge to issue a preliminary injunction against the social media platform to reinstate Trump’s Facebook and Instagram accounts, which combined boast a following of about 59 million accounts.
“Zuckerberg and Facebook say it’s the 21st-century public town square; if so, they should uphold the First Amendment,” Trump’s attorney said., referring to remarks the tech CEO made about his platform in 2019. “You can’t have it both ways. They’re like a public utility when it comes to speech.”
Trump’s newest lawsuit argues that by keeping his accounts banned, Facebook is damaging Republicans’ chances in upcoming elections.
By cutting him off from the most effective and direct forms of communication with potential voters, Facebook is threatening irreparable damage to the Republican Party’s prospects in the 2022 and 2024 elections.
It also says that Trump faces irreparable harm and significant losses due to being cut off from his donors and merchandising platforms as well as his ability to communicate his views and endorse local candidates.
In July, Trump announced a class action lawsuit against Facebook, Twitter, and Google, as well as each company’s CEO, over bans the tech giants had placed on his various social media accounts following the January 6 riot at the Capitol.
“Today I’m filing a major class action lawsuit against Facebook, Twitter, Google & their CEO’s
We’re asking US district court to offer an immediate haunt of social media censorship of Americans
Our case will provide this censorship is unlawful, unconstitutional…” pic.twitter.com/FiYbZKD6cK
— HeadlineHunter! 🚨 Alerts (@freehumanity911) July 7, 2021
This marks the single greatest free speech lawsuit in the 21st century. If successful, the Former President will not only be given his social media accounts back, but will be sending a clear message to Big Tech and their Deep State operatives who insist on censoring Americans with the “wrong” political opinions.
Author: Asa McCue