One month after the cable news network reached a settlement with Dominion Voting Systems for $787.5 million, Fox News laid off all of its investigative reporters, according to Rolling Stone.
Fox News paid $787.5 million to resolve Dominion’s $1.6 billion slander lawsuit last month. The cable news network severed its relationship with Tucker Carlson six days later.
Fox News allegedly received a letter from Carlson’s lawyers accusing them of, among other things, agreeing to let Carlson go as part of the company’s deal with Dominion.
The computerized voting business, meanwhile, has always denied having any influence on Carlson’s dismissal.
“As the Fox executives who reached the settlement are well aware, Dominion gave absolutely no demands regarding Tucker Carlson’s employment, either orally or in written form,” a Dominion spokeswoman told the Daily Caller. “Any statements to the contrary are totally wrong and represent a thinly disguised attempt to harm Dominion even more. Fox needs to make every effort to put an end to these falsehoods right now.
Reports of Dominion’s involvement in Carlson’s termination, according to a Fox News rep., are “categorically untrue.”
Nevertheless, the business laid off every employee in its investigative division this week, and Rolling Stone reports that there may be more layoffs to come.
“Yes, there have been layoffs,” a staff member confirmed to the newspaper. “And it keeps happening.”
Another Fox staffer told Rolling Stone that the Dominion settlement’s “sacrificial lambs” are the fired reporters.
“The rank and file journalists are being laid off, while higher management seems to be sitting pretty, despite the fact that they are the executives responsible for the entire Dominion debacle,” a Fox staffer said. “We are the lambs for the sacrifice.”
One employee said, “The outrage revolves around the fact that Suzanne Scott along with Maria Bartriomo keep their jobs.” The journalists are fired in the meanwhile. We’re shocked.
Due to the Dominion settlement, an additional former Fox “talent” believes the cable news organization is attempting to “get money off its books prior to June 30.”
According to a former Fox star who spoke to Rolling Stone, “I believe producers, management, among others are being laid-off. They want to remove money off their books by June 30. Due to the Dominion lawsuit, they have to make savings.”
Breitbart News was informed by a source at Fox News that the layoffs had “absolutely nothing to do with Dominion,” adding that only three of the seven individuals who were part of the investigative team were affected. Prior to the layoffs, the remaining four workers received job offers from other departments inside the business, the source said.